Skip to main content

"The first wealth is health."

Title: The Unseen Enemy: A Battle for Health and Clarity In the quiet depths of our existence, there exists a silent shadow that haunts us all. It lurks within the unexplored recesses of our minds and bodies, an intangible force that threatens the delicate equilibrium of our being. Its name is undefined - an enigma that has the power to sow seeds of doubt and confusion, leading us to question the very essence of our existence. In the pursuit of wealth, we often overlook the true foundation of our prosperity - our health. Ralph Waldo Emerson's timeless wisdom echoes through the corridors of time, serving as a poignant reminder that our well-being is the bedrock upon which all else is built. Yet, in the throes of our daily battles, we find ourselves at the mercy of an unseen adversary, challenging our very vitality and resilience. The journey towards understanding and safeguarding our health is wrought with uncertainty and fear. How do we confront an enemy that eludes definition? It...

Moving Out When I was 18

 


I like to describe the phases of my life with fictional characters. I was Jo from Little Women in my teens; Andy from The Devil Wears Prada in my mid-20s; and Carrie (minus Mr. Big and the glamorous closet full of clothes) now that I've finally hit the big 3-0. These women all share a trait I relate to: They all have big dreams—and they all went for 'em. 

And just like them, I've had my fair share of dramatic plot twists. Arguably the biggest one was when I moved away from home at 19.

I was out for dinner with some college friends when I suddenly announced that I'm going to move out from my parents' house. As someone who followed a routine, stuck in the same place for almost two decades, I just felt fed up that night. My friends looked at me like I had grown an extra head—and really, I couldn't blame them. One of them very kindly pointed out the obvious: "You're literally a 15-minute drive away from campus." I shrugged. Another asked, "What’s wrong?"

I didn't answer because I knew that I would sound crazy if I had. "I feel suffocated and restricted, and I just want to get out of my box." Too cheesy. But that is exactly why I wanted to do it. I was 19. I had crazy ideas. And I was lucky enough to have a family who respected me enough to let me explore them.

When I first told my parents, they were confused and worried. Why on earth would you want to get an apartment that you'll have to pay rent for when you can literally live at home for free? It just didn't make sense. But it felt right at that time, and since I was already earning at 17 (I was working as a freelance writer back then), my family hesitantly let me do what I wanted. So off I went to rent an apartment across my university.

For the first time in my life, I could go home as late as I wanted, decide what to eat on a whim, and not worry about missing the last trip after a late-night meeting because I can walk home. My parents would visit me a few times a week after they get off work to check on me, but I also had my own time to explore my independence. The setup was weird but it was ideal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The first wealth is health."

Title: The Unseen Enemy: A Battle for Health and Clarity In the quiet depths of our existence, there exists a silent shadow that haunts us all. It lurks within the unexplored recesses of our minds and bodies, an intangible force that threatens the delicate equilibrium of our being. Its name is undefined - an enigma that has the power to sow seeds of doubt and confusion, leading us to question the very essence of our existence. In the pursuit of wealth, we often overlook the true foundation of our prosperity - our health. Ralph Waldo Emerson's timeless wisdom echoes through the corridors of time, serving as a poignant reminder that our well-being is the bedrock upon which all else is built. Yet, in the throes of our daily battles, we find ourselves at the mercy of an unseen adversary, challenging our very vitality and resilience. The journey towards understanding and safeguarding our health is wrought with uncertainty and fear. How do we confront an enemy that eludes definition? It...

"A good beginning makes a good end."

Title: Whispers of the Undefined: A Journey Beyond Definition In the quivering silhouette of dusk, there exists a realm of the undefinable—a space where forms shiver into shadows, and words lose the grip on their meanings. It is here, in this enigmatic twilight, that truths are spun from the whispers of things unseen and unnamed. Ladies and gentlemen, step beyond the comforting embrace of certainty and embrace the chilling adventure into the undefined. "A good beginning makes a good end," so said the legendary storyteller Louis L'Amour, yet what if the tale itself defies the simplicity of a start and a finish? What if the chapters of our journey are strewn across the fabric of reality in fragments that mock the very idea of beginnings and ends? We quest for the sunrise, lusting after the clarity of day as if the night had not sung to us its sweet, siren song. Our lives are etched in the ink of definitions, bound by the confines of our understanding, yet do we not yearn f...

"Begin to be now what you will be hereafter."

Title: Embracing the Uncharted: Unleashing Your Untapped Potential Introduction: In the vast expanse of our existence lies a perpetual yearning to define ourselves, our purpose, and our infinite possibilities. With every passing second, we are beckoned to cultivate our destiny, to become the embodiment of our true potential. As we delve into the depths of the undefined, we embark on an audacious journey that can propel us towards greatness. Inspired by the wise words of William James, let us explore the profound significance of "beginning to be now what you will be hereafter." Unmasking the Undefined: Life's enigmatic nature presents us with a myriad of uncharted territories – the undefined. It represents unexplored frontiers, hidden within the depths of our abilities and aspirations. These realms challenge us to cease waiting for an elusive moment of perfection to arrive, urging us instead to seize the present and step into our becoming. Each passing moment offers a pre...